Food, glorious food. It is everywhere this time of year. We want to combat food waste this Christmas by ensuring we use up all of our leftovers. We have compiled some tasty recipes to help give you inspiration for your leftovers. If you want more ideas check out last year’s recipes.
Sage and Onion Stuffing Balls
30g Cully’s Craft Bakery wholemeal bread
1 Margaret’s free range egg beaten
sea salt and black pepper
A dash of dried sage
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Blitz the Cully’s Craft Bakery wholemeal bread until it becomes breadcrumbs and add your sage in.
- Mash up the raw John Barry’s Sausages.
- Add a Margaret’s free-range beaten egg and the breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place on a baking tray sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
Christmas Leftovers Pizza
Large handful of leftover shredded cooked turkey
- In a pan, add a little oil and fry Drummully Boxty on both sides.
- Top with Tomato Puree.
- Add toppings of your choice; we recommend leftover turkey, chunks of mozzarella, leftover stuffing, and sage leaves.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes.
1 lime, juiced
6 streaky bacon rashers
200g tortilla chips
200g cooked turkey
100g cranberry sauce
150g melted Corleggy cheese
- Mix the onion, lime juice, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Heat the grill and line a large baking tray with foil. Squeeze the sausage meat from its skin and roll it into small meatballs. Grill for 8-10 mins.
- Arrange the bacon on the same baking tray and grill until crisp, about 5 mins on each side. Remove to a plate and leave to cool. Turn off the grill and set the oven to 200C.
- Spread half the tortilla chips over the tray. Top with half the sausage balls, half the turkey, a few blobs of cranberry sauce, and half the cheese. Scatter the rest of the tortilla chips, sausage, turkey, sauce, and cheese on top then bake for 15 mins, until the cheese has melted.
- Fry the sage leaves until crisp. Serve the nachos scattered with fried sage leaves, and crispy bacon.
Please continue using local produce to create your delicious meals.
To sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with all the news from Created in Cavan just fill in our email form here.