Tis’ the season to kick back relax and enjoy a Christmas cocktail. And what could make that better than knowing you are using Cavan produced products?! Welcome to our annual Christmas Cocktails and Mocktails, Created in Cavan.
35ml Coole Swan
20ml Creme de Cacao Blanc
20ml Creme de Menthe
Áine 70% Dark Mint Crisp grated shavings
- Pour the three ingredients into a mixing glass.
- Add at least two large cubes of ice and stir for a minute.
- Strain into a coupe.
- Grate a bit of an Áine chocolate bar of your choice (we recommend the 70% Dark Mint Crisp) and sprinkle to top.
Elderflower Prosecco cocktail using Mary Ellens Meadow
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 lime, juiced
30ml of gin
Mary-Ellen’s Meadow Elderflower Cordial
- Fill a glass with ice. Add the lemon and lime juice, gin, then a good splash of Mary-Ellen’s Meadow Elderflower Cordial.
- Fill the rest of the glass with Prosecco.
- Strawberries are a great addition to serve.
Scotts Winter Spiced Cider
Winter Spiced Cider
Slice of orange
- Gently heat the Winter Spiced Cider in a saucepan without boiling.
- Pour into a heat resistant glass.
- Top with a slide of orange and a cinnamon stick.
Health Tea’s Lose the Booze Mocktail
A pack of HealthTea blends; MojiTea, LemonAid, AphrodiTea or Pink Ginger
- Brew in a teapot or French press (1-2 tsp of the blend for every cup of boiling water).
- Steep for over 10 minutes.
Gin and BogBoy Booch Cocktail
2 ounces gin
1 ounce Campari
½ ounce fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
5 ounces BogBoy Booch kombucha
Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Stir gin, Campari, lemon juice, and ginger in a measuring cup.
- Stir in BogBoy kombucha.
- Strain through a sieve into an ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Not a fan of making your own at home?! You can pop into one of our restaurants, bars or hotels for a delish cocktail. Call into Cabra Castle’s Derby Bar or The Anglers Rest for an espresso martini. Sample a whiskey sour in The Castle Sports and Gastro Bar in Belturbet. And with pubs and restaurants like Murph’s Gastro Pub, The Killykeen Bar in Hotel Kilmore, The Atrium Bar in Cavan Crystal and The Keepers Arms, you will have plenty of choice.
Check out last year Christmas Cocktails, Created In Cavan for more recipes!