It’s coming up to that time of year- the perfect excuse to let that special someone know how much you love them. Or even a day to treat yourself! If its not possible to treat yourself to a meal out at a restaurant, then we have the perfect recipes for you to create a beautiful meal at home! Using ingredients from Created in Cavan producers will show your lucky partner just how much you love them! Here are some Valentine’s recipes for 2 from Created in Cavan.
Turkey and Mushroom Paté from Lakeland Dairies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 160g turkey breast meat, cut into thin strips
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- ½ small red chilli, seeds and white pith removed and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 100ml Pour & More Double
- 50ml turkey or chicken stock
- Leaves from 2 thyme sprigs
- Small bunch of parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper to desired taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the turkey strips and cook until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and put aside
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook over a medium heat until softened. Stir in the chopped mushrooms, increase the heat and cook, stirring once or twice, until golden brown
- Return the turkey pieces to the pan and stir in the chilli, mustard, Pour & More Double, stock and thyme leaves. Bring just to the boil and cook gently for 5 minutes until most of the liquid has reduced. Stir in the chopped parsley and season to taste
- Spoon into a blender or food processor and blend until coarse or smooth. Tip into a bowl, cover and chill until cold. For best results, chill overnight
- Spoon out and serve with warm breads, taco crisps, or as a topping for potato skins, crostini, pancakes or flour tortillas.
Sausage Tagliatelle from Barry Johns Sausages
- 500g Packet of Crushed Garlic Barry John Sausages
- Some oil for cooking
- 2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 large red/white onion finely chopped
- Small punnet of finely chopped mushrooms
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Jar of Carbonara sauce
- Tagliatelle pasta (or any other pasta you may prefer) approx. 1 cup per person.
- Grated cheddar cheese / parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook the Barry John Crushed Garlic sausagesas you prefer, (Fry/Oven/Deep Fry). When they are nice and golden in colour and cooked through, chop them up into small bite size pieces and set aside.
- Put desired amount of Tagliatelle pasta or your favourite pasta into a saucepan of water, add a pinch of salt and cook. When cooked, drain and set aside.
- Sauté the onions, mushrooms & garlic in a large pot. When cooked, turn down the heat and add the Carbonara sauce to this pot, stir well and gently heat until it is warm.
- Add the cooked pasta and sauce together and then add the chopped sausages and season with salt & pepper.
- Serve into individual bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
This simply made Carbonara dish is a family favourite Barry John’s house. Serve with Crusty Garlic Baguette.
Gluten Free Vegan Nut Roast from Virginia Cookery School
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g red lentils
- Vegetable stock
- ½ tin of tomatoes
- 100g finely grated carrot
- 120g puy lentils
- 2 teaspoons of Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 200g crushed roasted mixed nuts
- 50g mixed seeds
- 60ml water
- 2 tbsp ground chai seeds
- 50g Gluten Free breadcrumbs
- Dried Cranberries from The Good Crop Company
- Fry the diced onion and garlic cloves together in a pan
- Cook off your red lentils in the veg stock.
- Once cooked, add them to a bowl with the onion and garlic.
- Add the tomato, carrot, puy lentils, soy sauce, coriander, garam masala, tomato puree, mixed nuts and mixed seeds to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix the water and ground chai seeds together to form a gloopy paste. Add this to the mixture and sir well.
- Fold in your breadcrumbs and add your cranberries.
- Cover a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Add your mixture to the tin. Cover lightly with foil and bake at 180C for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove the foil after 25 mins.
- Once baked, allow to cool in the tin for 30mins. Serve warm with a salad!
View the full video on Virginia Cookery here.
Moran’s Mega Jam Burger Recipe
- 450g ( 1lb ) minced beef
- 110g ( 4oz ) chopped onions
- 1/4 tsp salt & some pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 egg ( preferably free range)
- Saute onions in butter until soft.
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Shape into cakes.
- Dip in seasoned flour and fry in oil turning as required until fully cooked.
- Top with tomatoes and grated cheese, then flash under the grill until the cheese begins to melt.
- Serve with Moran’s Country Relish.
Ice Cream Treats Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie
- 1banana (peeled)
- 1tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2cup milk
- 1 Scoop of Yomega3 Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 1/2cup ice cubes
- Place the milk and the yogurt in the blender.
- Then top with the banana & peanut butter.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice if you need it to make it thicker or colder. Blend again.
- Blend as many times as required to get achieve the consistency you fancy.
The Devine Swan Cocktail from Coole Swan
A simply and tasty cocktail to finish off the night!
- 50ml Coole Swan
- 50ml coconut water
- 4 basil leaves
- Simply take 3 of the basil leaves, remove the stalks, tear them once and ‘clap’ them between your hands. Then drop them into a rocks glass.
- Take the 4th basil leaf and wipe it around the rim of the glass and discard.
- Pour the Coole Swanand coconut water into the glass.
- Fill with large ice cubes and stir well.
- Leave for 2 minutes – garnish with a basil sprig.
- Make it your way: To reduce the basil flavour – remove the basil leaves after the 2 minutes is up. To big up the basil – put the 4th basil leaf into the drink as well and let the flavours seep through.
There you have it, plenty of options to create a beautiful romantic meal this Valentines- Created in Cavan! For a full list of our producers just visit our website here.
To sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with all the news from Created in Cavan just fill in our email form here.