It’s getting close now- family get-togethers, catch ups with friends and lots of yummy food and drinks. If you are hosting this year, then why not make them a beautiful cocktail to start the celebrations! There are plenty of local drinks that you can choose from Created in Cavan to make them extra special. Here are our top Christmas Cocktails- Created in Cavan.
Blackberry Kombucha Vodka Smash
350ml Bog Boy Booch Kombucha (Preferable ginger)
½ cup of Blackberries
2 sprigs of Thyme removed from the stem.
- Divide the berries and thyme leaves between two glasses.
- Using a smasher, or wooden spoon, smash the berries until the form a jam-like consistancy.
- Fill the glasses to the top with ice. Add in the vodka and top with kombucha.
- Stir the drink to combine and serve.
Coole Swan Irish Coffee
25ml of Coole Swan
150ml of Coffee
45ml of Irish Whiskey
- First warm your coffee glass
- Add the whiskey (sugar can be added if you like it sweeter) then add the coffee and stir well
- Carefully pour Coole Swanover the back of a spoon to create a layer
Mary Ellens Meadow Elderflower Gin Fizz
25ml lemon juice
1 tbsp (15ml) Mary Ellens Meadow elderflower cordial
25ml Elderflower liqueur (or add another 25ml gin)
75ml chilled sparkling wine (Or 75ml of Mary Ellens Meadow sparkling wild elderflower)
sprig of lemon thyme or a mint leaf
- Pour the lemon juice, elderflower cordial, gin and elderflower liqueur (if using) into a cocktail shaker.
- Add a large handful of ice and shake until the outside of the shaker feels icy cold.
- Strain the cocktail into two champagne flutes or coupes, then top up slowly with sparkling wine.
- Garnish each one with a small sprig of lemon thyme or a mint leaf.
Scotts Mulled Irish Cider
1½ litres of Scotts Irish Cider
7 tbsp Calvados
400ml apple juice
75g dark brown sugar
zest 1 orange, pared into strips
4 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
1 tbsp allspice berries
- Pour the cider, Calvados, apple juice and sugar into a large saucepan, and gently heat to mull.
- Add the orange zest and spices, bring to a simmer, then turn down and keep on a low heat for 20-30 mins.
- Ladle into glass mugs to serve.
There you have it, the perfect Irish drinks options to take your Christmas celebration from great to amazing! Remember to drink responsibly this Christmas.
To sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with all the news from Created in Cavan just fill in our email form here.